- don’t overthink the process
- decide on your budget before shopping, but still be open to trying on different price points (remember that alterations are usually additional costs and not included in the price of the dress!)
- try on every style you can
- be prepared to wear a bigger size than what you think you are (wedding dresses fit small)
- the style you choose may be very different than the style you expected to wear
- give yourself plenty of time to shop, and don’t rush yourself!
- dresses take 3 months to order, so start your search 8-10 months before your wedding
- if you know you’re a decisive shopper, don’t limit yourself to bridal shops. Checking out trunk shows (collections of a designer’s most recent work) is also a great option if it works with your timeline!
- most of all: have FUN!
things to keep in mind