If so, let me know. I’d love to hear of any others that I may have missed as well. Feel free to leave your own ideas in the comment section below (and help some other couples out).
Indoor Date Night Ideas
Whether you’re snowed in or living under quarantine, here are some of my fav indoor date night ideas for you and your boo!
As a quick preface to this blog post: I had been wanting to publish this for a long time. And then, the world started to change drastically in 2020 due to Covid. People were going into lock down. Couples were self-isolating. Families were being quarantined and couldn’t leave their houses. So I decided to finally release this list to help inspire those who were staying at home!
I do want to mention that this list can be applied to daily life in general. Although it is useful during a quarantine (or, in some cases, a full lock down!), it is not necessarily ONLY for these times. Feel free to browse this list (I’ve separated it into different categories), and I hope it can help provide some creative ideas for your time inside. Stay safe, friends! xx
eat and drink
- Find an online cooking class that you can do together (check out BBC’s Food techniques, Cooking with The New York Times or All Recipes Cooking School)
- Eat breakfast in bed one morning
- Have a wine and cheese night (and get dressed up to fully indulge in it)
- Beer tasting (pair it with pub snacks to give yourselves the full experience)
- Make-your-own-pizza night
- Play a drinking game (Kings Cup, Battle Shots, Truth or Dare or Drink, Beer Pong, or Flip Cup are some of my favs)
- Make-your-own-sushi night
- Cook a travel-inspired dinner (were your vacation plans ruined? Cook a meal inspired by that country instead! Italy, Mexico, Greece, and Spain are just a few ideas of beautiful locations with amazing food)
- Have a baking competition (choose the same recipe to follow and see which one tastes better)
- Get drunk and film a cooking show (this will be a hilarious memory to look back on in years ahead)
play and move
- Play some board games (if there’s only two of you, no stress! my favourite two player board games include: Gloom, Pandemic, Patchwork, Rummy Cup, Bananagrams, Sushi Go, Exploding Kittens, Ticket to Ride, Scrabble, and Chess)
- Build a fort in the living room
- Have a karaoke night (Youtube the karaoke versions of your favourite cheesy songs)
- Backyard camping (that’s right – pitch a tent in your backyard. Or if it’s too chilly out, pitch it in your living room!)
- Play card games (my favourites include Cribbage, Crazy Eights, Uno, Speed, and War)
- Do a movie marathon (ideas include: Harry Potter, James Bond, and Star Wars)
- If tensions are a bit high, then fight it out! I’m talking water gun fights, pillow fights, and food fights, of course
- Do a puzzle
plan and build
- Plan a future vacation (research cool little villas, airbnbs, and awesome stuff to check out while you’re there)
- Grow an indoor herb garden
- Go through your camera roll together (I mean honestly, who ever has time for that normally?? haha this is a great moment to do this!)
- And while you’re at it, create a photo book of all of your memories together (I always love to order photo books through Artifact Uprising)
- Teach your babe your hobby (photography, pottery, painting – do ALL hobbies start with a “P”? Apparently they do.)
- Create a couples bucket list (with all of the places you want to see)
- Finish those half-finished projects around the house (like painting your guest room, re-tiling your bathroom, hanging up the bird feeder, etc)
relax and chill
- Lounge in your sweatpants all day (because honestly, what other time do you have to do this?!)
- Meditate together (my favourite app is the Headspace app)
- Have a bubble bath (light some candles and dig out that bath bomb that’s been hiding in your drawer for years. Other ideas include epsom salts, or bubble bath)
- Give each other head massages (and if you want an added benefit, slather in some coconut oil while you do it, then wash it out later. It helps to moisturize your scalp, and it smells delicious)
- Have a spa day (whip on your robe and slippers, and pamper yourselves with face masks, cucumber water, and relaxing music)
- Give each other full body massages
- Dedicate time for pedicures (foot soaks, scrubs, and massages included)
- Do an online yoga class together (if you’re not sure where to start, Lululemon has some great – and free – online yoga classes for beginners)
Did you enjoy these indoor date night ideas?
You can always contact me directly to leave some ideas as well!
You may also like these other blogs…
Ready to make this official and book me for your wedding day?